Last Update :8/22/2019
National Club Association Seeks Director of Membership and Sales
Director of Membership and Sales
Company Name National Club Association Company Location Washington, District Of Columbia
Director of Membership and Sales at National Club Association
The National Club Association (NCA) has been the advocate for the private club industry in Washington, D.C., for more than 55 years. As the voice of private clubs on Capitol Hill, NCA ensures that club concerns are forefront when legislative and regulatory issues affecting the industry are being decided. In addition, NCA provides club leaders an outstanding array of resources on club industry trends, governance best practices, legal and operational matters and ways to strengthen club leadership. NCA's Club Members are among the most prestigious private clubs in the country. NCA is a growing association with renewed emphasis on advocacy and PAC efforts.
NCA is currently seeking a Director of Membership and Sales based out of its Washington, D.C., office. This position is responsible for the overall recruitment, retention, and strategies related to achieving membership growth and for selling sponsorship and exhibit opportunities at National Club Association (NCA) events. This person is an accomplished sales professional with a high level of initiative, vision, and strategic skill with the ability to drive sales and add value.
The core responsibilities include the recruitment of new members and actively managing the full life cycle of a member from the beginning of the sales cycle to closing the sale, driving revenue through sponsorship and exhibit opportunities, managing the relationship, retaining dues, and translating NCA’s goals into marketing strategies. This position reports directly to the President & CEO.
The responsibilities and duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
New Member Recruitment and Sales
· Create and implement campaigns for recruitment of new members.
· Collect and organize new lead information on clubs such as GM, prior contacts, open lines of communication, and boost these outreach efforts.
· Identify and close new member opportunities.
· Develop and leverage relationships to generate new revenue for the association.
· Actively seek out new members through identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options.
· Sell the association memberships by creating contacts and further making relationships with the prospects.
· Work with the President & CEO in implementing sales plan initiatives, marketing plans, and networking activities to drive membership demand.
· Develop overall membership and revenue targets within market, communicate targets to staff and board, and measure outcomes.
· Communicate prospect and member activity to the appropriate channels and record activity in the association’s CRM system.
· Create and execute strategies to meet or exceed annual goals and objectives in the areas of growth and profitability.
· Assist in the campaign management of conferences and regional events to drive member engagement and attendance.
· Meet and communicate the value-added benefit of our services to prospects; follow-up to ensure understanding and interest.
· Be able to respond appropriately and handle objections when prospects respond undesirably to outreach efforts. Identify and understand their reason for objecting.
· Execute new member orientations.
· Assist other staff or cross-functional teams to create and update NCA membership and product/service marketing materials to drive new membership opportunities.
· Utilize Membership Committee to identify opportunities to attract members and increase association visibility across the market.
· ttend industry conferences, seminars, and meetings to increase involvement and presence of NCA services.
· Aid in the development and recommendation of the annual revenue and expense budgets for the membership department and the National Club Conference.
· Serve as point of contact for members to ensure timely response to all inquiries.
· Manage implementation of member retention strategies.
· Actively and consistently engage members to gather information on club and activities to stay current and topical and to regularly demonstrate NCA value.
· Identify “At Risk” members and strategizes with leadership team to determine appropriate initiative to retain members.
· Fully engage with Membership Committee to achieve retention goals.
· Responsible for selling sponsorship opportunities at the National Club Conference and other NCA events.
· Work with the senior management team once the sponsorship sale is completed to meet deliverables and maintain healthy communication and relationship with sponsor.
· Work with the senior management team to develop budget.
· Responsible for selling exhibit space at the National Club Conference
· Work with senior management team once the exhibit sale is completed to meet deliverables and maintain healthy communication and relationship with exhibitor.
· Work with the senior management team to develop budget.
· Utilize the association’s membership database and CRM system to help maintain accurate rosters and records for each member.
· Identify key contact person(s) and those who make decisions for all new and existing members.
· Help ensure database information is accurate and up-to-date and collaborate with database specialist to identify and correct any issues.
· Directly supervise and manage the Membership & Database Engagement Manager and have responsibility for the performance management of this employee.
· Provide guidance and professional development to the department in a manner that reflects the core competencies of the organization.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
· Minimum seven years of relevant experience in developing, managing and executing sales strategies.
· Minimum seven years of experience delivering exceptional customer service.
· Minimum seven years of experience in prospecting/sourcing new business.
· Preferred five years of experience managing individuals.
Skills and Abilities
· Proven track record of successfully developing membership and sales opportunities.
· Documented history of growing sales and profitability.
· Proven track record of both initiating and carrying out sales strategies.
· Ability to be a strategic thinker who can create consensus; can synergize with fellow team members with the ultimate goal of increasing member value.
· Strong relationship-building skills with staff, members, prospects, and other key stakeholders over the phone and in person.
· Experience in new business recruitment and member retention with the ability to successfully promote programs, products, and services to members.
· Strong solutions thinker, proactive with solid organization and project management skills.
· Ability to construct campaigns to attract new member opportunities.
· Highly organized and experienced managing multiple projects.
· Proven record of accomplishment of growing strong client relationships.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize with conviction and communicate decisions effectively.
· High proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Familiarity with the private club or golf industry a plus.
Click here to view on LinkedIN and to apply
[ More News ]