Managing Your Club’s Tax Assessment Doesn't Have to be Scary
Take the Fright out of Club Valuation
November 8, 2018 | 2 p.m. ET
Do you lay awake at night, haunted by your club's upcoming tax assessment? Fear not!
This program exposes the skeletons in the closet and dissects the elements of real estate tax assessments. It will include discussion of:
· Definition & Concept of market value
· Approaches to value
· Approaches to contesting your assessment
· Jurisdictional differences
· The appeal process
· Highest and best use, and its impact on club assessments
· Cost vs. value and the nonprofit club
· Valuation methodology for clubs
· The impact of memberships and personal property
· Discussion of case law examples
Club leaders and managers should take away from this program an understanding of the elements and procedures involved in managing their real estate assessments to a level where they can make sound decisions on pursuing real estate tax assessment appeals.
Laurence A. Hirsh, CRE, MAI, SGA, president of Golf Property Analysts, has performed 3,000+ assignments in 45 U.S. states and beyond. He has authored many industry-related articles and manuscripts and is a frequent lecturer at seminars and conferences. Hirsh is also the author of the Appraisal Institute’s authoritative text on golf property valuation, entitled Golf Property Analysis and Valuation – A Modern Approach, published in 2016. Hirsh has developed a golf course and brokered more than $130 million in golf and club properties.