Last Update :3/17/2011
Virginians Elmore & Nelson Among Billy Casper Golf Award Winners
Billy Casper Golf Announces Annual Award Winners
(VIENNA, VA) - Billy Casper Golf (BCG) - owner and operator of more than 120 golf courses, country clubs and resorts - announced 2010 award winners during its annual corporate conference at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine, FL.
Company namesake and golf legend Billy Casper, a member of the PGA and World Golf halls of fame, presented the top awards in front of more than 250 general managers, directors of golf, course superintendents, sales managers and BCG support personnel.
St. Johns Golf & Country Club (St. Augustine, FL) received the top BCG honor, "Facility of the Year," for all-around performance in guest service, operations, course conditions and financial returns.
Karl Reul of Alta Vista Country Club (Placentia, CA) was named "General Manager of the Year," and Jeremy Turton of George Dunne National Golf Course (Oak Forest, IL) won "Superintendent of the Year."
Highland Woods Golf Course (Hoffman Estates, IL) was "Top Performer of the Year," and Chick Evans Golf Course (Morton Grove, IL) won the coveted "ACE the Guest Experience Award" for superior guest service.
Alex Elmore, BCG's Chief Financial Officer, and Eric Nelson, Superintendent at 1757 Golf Club (Dulles, VA), were recognized for their outstanding service to the company with the "Chairman's Award" and "Chairman's Superintendent Award," respectively.
"We're incredibly proud of the award winners and the phenomenal Billy Casper Golf team nationwide," says Peter Hill, Chairman and CEO of BCG. "As our company grows and we continue to cultivate talent, the awards program becomes more competitive and provides a standard of excellence for managers and superintendents across the portfolio."
The complete list of award winners:
• Facility of the Year - St. Johns Golf & Country Club (St. Augustine, FL)
• Top Performer of the Year - Highland Woods Golf Course (Hoffman Estates, IL)
• ACE the Guest Experience Award - Chick Evans Golf Course (Morton Grove, IL)
• Most Improved Facility of the Year - Brook Valley Country Club (Greenville, NC)
• Chairman's Award - Alex Elmore, BCG Chief Financial Officer (Vienna, VA)
• Chairman's Superintendent Award - Eric Nelson, Superintendent, 1757 Golf Club, (Dulles, VA)
• Nick Keefe ACE Award & Vienna Employee of the Year - Jessica Lewis, BCG Marketing Communications (Vienna, VA)
• Nick Keefe ACE Award - Arron Marshall, BCG Accounts Payable (Vienna, VA)
• Nick Keefe ACE Award - Bonnie Paigo, BCG Payroll (Vienna, VA)
• Nick Keefe ACE Award - Stephen Nicholson, BCG Accounting (Vienna, VA)
Golf Course Operations Awards
• General Manager of the Year - Karl Reul, Alta Vista Country Club (Placentia, CA)
• Head Professional of the Year - Joe Febonio, Royce Brook Golf Club (Hillsborough, NJ)
• Assistant Professional of the Year - Stefanie Eifert, Reeves Golf Course (Cincinnati, OH)
• Salesperson of the Year - Lynn Sexton, Royce Brook Golf Club (Hillsborough, NJ)
• Golf Operations Rookie of the Year - Ryan Roberts, The Claw at USF (Tampa, FL)
• Food and Beverage Grille Operation of the Year - Rock Manor Golf Course (Wilmington, DE)
• Food and Beverage Dining Operation of the Year - Orchard Valley Golf Course (Aurora, IL)
• Golf Retail Operation of the Year - Longaberger Golf Club (Nashport, OH) and Ka'anapali Golf Courses (Maui, HI)
• Superintendent of the Year - Jeremy Turton, George Dunne National Golf Course (Oak Forest, IL)
• Assistant Superintendent of the Year - Brian Kessler, Glenview Golf Course (Cincinnati, OH)
• Most Improved Golf Course of the Year - The Claw at USF (Tampa, FL)
• Agronomic Rookie of the Year - Mike Tardogno, Cranbury Golf Club (Cranbury, NJ)
• Environmental Stewardship Award - Bucky Hall, Falmouth Country Club (Falmouth, MA)
• Bang for the Buck Award - Jason Worley, Brook Valley Country Club (Greenville, NC)
• Team Player of the Year - Jimmy Hall, Victorville Golf (Victorville, CA)
About Billy Casper Golf
Widely respected as a high-performance owner-operator of more than 120 golf courses, country clubs and resorts, Billy Casper Golf enjoys the second largest domestic portfolio. The company provides turnkey club management for public-agency and private owners, developers and investors. Founded more than 20 years ago in cooperation with golf legend Billy Casper and headquartered in Vienna, VA, regional offices are strategically convenient to courses' locales.
The company's best-of-breed infrastructure shows clients favorable returns on investments. Critically-acclaimed by industry leaders and media, Billy Casper Golf economies of scale make and save money for courses while delivering personal touches to daily-fee golfers and members.
Buffalo Communications - a division of Billy Casper Golf - is the global public relations, branding and marketing-communications firm. In addition to creating and implementing programs for Billy Casper Golf courses, Buffalo represents many of golf's top brands (products, resorts, destinations and communities) worldwide.
For information: www.billycaspergolf.com, www.buffalocommunications.com , 703.761.1444.
Billy Casper Golf / Buffalo Communications
[ More News ]