Last Update :11/5/2023
Williamsburg National GC (36 holes) Seeks Director of Agronomy and Grounds
Williamsburg National Golf Club- Director of Agronomy and Grounds
Williamsburg National Golf Club is a 36-hole public private group owned golf facility located in Williamsburg, Virginia. The Golf Club features two distinctly different layouts. The Jamestown Course (Nicklaus Design Group) recently resurfaced with Champion Bermuda greens opened in 1995. The Yorktown Course (Tom Clark) featuring A1/A4 Bent grass greens opened in 2008.
Williamsburg National Golf club has gone through an amazing transformation since new ownership took over in 2016. Today, Williamsburg National is known for great course conditions and a truly unique welcoming atmosphere. Our 1607 Grill has become one of the most popular casual restaurants in Williamsburg.
In 2022, Williamsburg National was recognized as the Public Golf Leader by the National Golf Course Owners Association (Middle Atlantic Chapter).
Our Club, Culture & Work-Life Balance
We are proud of the progress made and the recent acknowledgement of our success, but we are not done. We are known as “#1 in Fun” by our members and guests because we have an energized and engaged team.
Club ownership and leadership is excited about continuing to improve our product and club environment that we offer our club members and golfing public. We are also passionate about our commitment to work life balance and a cultivating great environment for people to work and develop.
Our Future Director of Agronomy and Facilities
Williamsburg National is looking for a motivated and experienced leader that will work closely with the Executive Property Manager, Club General Manager and the Director of Golf to cultivate a truly unique club and customer experience delivered by inspired employees.
The Ideal candidate is a fun, high quality and innovative leader with vision who enjoys leading a team. Our Director of Agronomy and Facilities will have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. They are passionate about providing a fun high quality playing experience for golfers, building a team environment, and developing the next generation of leaders in golf course maintenance.
- Key member of club leadership team that develops long term plans, sets operating standards, and participates in determining fiscal parameters.
- Create and manage annual budget based on fiscal parameters set by club leadership team.
- Lead and Direct golf maintenance supervisory team (3 Asst. Superintendents, 1 full time and 1 part-time mechanic)
- Implementing all agronomic programs in accordance with club standards
- Lead golf maintenance department and team in a way that matches club vision, values and principles fostering engaged and inspired employees.
- Maintain all grounds and club operating equipment in safe and working order.
- Ensure that all golf operation employees obtain proper safety training and required licenses for administering chemical applications and operating equipment.
- Responsible for the appearance and presentation of the club and its facilities based on club standards set by the club leadership team.
- Coordinate/manage capital projects.
Preferred Qualifications and skills
- Degree in Agronomy or related field of study
- 5 -10 years’ experience in golf course in maintenance
- Supervising and managing multi-course operations is a plus
- Experience maintaining club facilities including building and general property aesthetics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools including Excel and Word
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Open and enterprising mindset
- Inspiring and able to bring the best out in others.
- Customer vision
- Organized and efficient
Annual Base Salary: $110,000 - 120,000+
Annual Bonus Program
- Health Insurance plan
- IRA with match
- Annual Education Allowance
To submit a resume for this position or questions please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you are interested in joining our team and helping us grow to the next level.
Williamsburg National Club Leadership Team
General Manager, JR Powell. JR has over 40 years of experience in the hospitality business, predominantly in food and beverage. He has managed and operated some of the largest restaurants in the area prior to joining the Williamsburg National team in 2017. During this time JR developed numerous successful restaurant and hospitality managers. JR’s leadership, F&B and service experience is critical to the overall success of Williamsburg National.
Williamsburg National’s golf operation is led by Director of Golf, Claudia Ferrini PGA/LPGA. Claudia has over 20 years’ experience as a golf professional. Previous experience includes head golf professional positions at Williamsburg National Golf Club (5 years); Old Trail Golf Club (5 years); and internationally at Country Club La Pancie in Lima, Peru. Claudia is a dynamic leader that brings a positive energy to the club. She is passionate about her own development as a professional, the people she works with and the experience at Williamsburg National.
Williamsburg National Golf club is managed by Carlton Hospitality Group (Hotel and Golf course management company) owner Chris Hartig, PGA. Chris is an experienced hospitality industry leader and business entrepreneur. Chris’s formal golf professional career included positions at public, private and resort golf courses ending at Anheuser Busch Properties where he served as the Director of Golf at Kingsmill Resort & Club (2003-2008). In 2008, Chris launched Virginia Golf Vacations and built a multi-million-dollar golf travel business that currently partners with over 40+ golf clubs throughout Virginia. Chris is passionate about providing employment to hospitality professionals that provides work-life balance as well as opportunity for personal and professional growth.
[ More News ]