Responsible for assisting the branch manager in total branch performance in accordance with company policy and procedures. Ensure store profitability and manage and develop warehouse accounts and inventory. Facilitate continuous improvement and personal growth while supporting company goals, missions, and vision.
Operations Management :
- Maintain branch security, opening and closing of branch.
- Attend weekly branch manager's meetings.
- Manages workflow to assist staff in balancing priorities, providing backup support and otherwise ensuring that all work is accomplished with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Be willing, able, and capable of performing any branch job function as needed.
- Ensures facility is maintained in a neat and professional manner.
- Solicit feedback from peers, and other team members with the goal of personal or operational improvement.
- Support for outside sales force.
- Assist in building orders when needed.
- Generate and execute product shipments and transfers.
Sales & Account Management:
- Work with other team members and customers to solve specific challenges and leverage growth opportunities.
- Maintain contact and friendly relationships with customers, building a favorable company image. Resolve problems and complaints as they arise in a timely manner.
- Direct and coordinate counter efforts. Assist in account development.
- Maintain positive attitude towards customers and associates by being friendly and courteous. Provide customer assistance as needed. This will include over the counter, over the phone, etc.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for gross profit growth.
- Generate, develop and maintain new customer accounts to increase revenue/gross profit, by prospecting and cold-calling when necessary.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Use marketing data where applicable for sales management software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain accurate records such as, but not limited to: expense reimbursements, fuel expenses, and timecards.
- Saturday Work: Based on the schedule provided by Branch Manager; ABM will work necessary season Saturdays.
- Continuously update product knowledge. Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability. Understand product applications and help customers in their selections.
- 3-year work experience
- Previous management experience
- Sales experience, demonstrating the ability to convert prospects into customers
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Exception verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Fork Truck Certified
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Excellent listening skills, self-motivated, with high energy and engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- High level of integrity and work-ethic
- Strong written communication skills
W.S. Connelly & Co., Inc (WSC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.