Last Update :1/8/2021
Chambers Acquires Golf Business Advisors.
Chambers Growth Continues as Capabilities Expand
BALTIMORE, MD | January 6, 2021
Chambers—a 122-year-old national planning, architecture and design firm headquartered in Baltimore, MD that specializes in private club, hospitality, and lifestyle design—has announced its strategic acquisition of Golf Business Advisors (GBA)—a consulting firm located in Williamsburg, VA with almost three decades of golf and resort operations and marketing experience.
The acquisition supports Chambers’ position as an award-winning firm that provides premier planning, architecture, design and procurement services to the private club and golf industry. “This is a major step to expand our services and add greater capabilities to support our firm’s growth,” stated Chambers’ President and CEO Rick Snellinger when announcing the acquisition. “GBA has extensive golf experience working with over 400 clients in its history and these additional services will significantly enhance our firm’s ability to deliver full-service, value-added solutions for our clients.”
GBA provides a unique suite of services that complement Chambers’ current offerings:
- Executive Search – General Managers, Golf Course Superintendents, PGA Directors of Golf and Membership Directors
- Membership Sales and Marketing – Creative and effective short and long-term marketing strategies for membership growth and retention
- Operational Reviews – Situational and historical analyses and golf course reviews to provide improvement options and recommendations for the future
- Project Management – Owner’s Representative services for golf course renovations working in conjunction with the golf course architect, general manager, superintendent, contractor and owner
- Membership Surveys – Carefully crafted surveys to gather quantifiable insights into members’ experiences in order to benchmark and plan for the future
GBA President Jeff Fleishman feels there is a natural synergy between the two firms.
“It is clear to me that GBA and Chambers share the same core values and a true desire to provide our clients with the highest quality of personalized services,” he specified. “We see this as a very positive development for our clients and staff.” GBA will continue to operate in Williamsburg as a division of Chambers with Fleishman serving as President of the division.
Fleishman is a golf industry veteran with over 45 years of experience, having worked at Kingsmill Resort for 17 years prior to creating Golf Business Advisors in 1993. In addition, he has served the golf industry as a volunteer for many years, including on Boards of and as President of the Virginia State Golf Association, the Virginia State Golf Association Foundation, and the Middle Atlantic Golf Association, as well as a Committee member for the United States Golf Association, and Chairman of Golf for the US Team for Maccabi USA and the Maccabiah Games.
About Chambers: Founded in 1899, Chambers is a full-service planning, architecture, design and procurement firm with a specialization in private clubs and communities across the United States and abroad. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with additional offices in Dallas, Minneapolis, Naples and Washington, DC, Chambers takes a holistic approach to enhancing lifestyles and experiences. Everything is connected—every detail matters.
[ More News ]